The Ford Ranger is a line of midsize pickup trucks produced by the American automaker Ford. The Ranger has been a popular choice for individuals seeking a smaller and more fuel-efficient pickup truck compared to full-size models. Ford Ranger Pick-Ups 1993-2011 Haynes Service Repair Manual covered models:
- Ford Ranger, 1993-2011
- Mazda B2300, 1994-2009
- Mazda B2500, 1994-2009
- Mazda B3000, 1994-2009
- Mazda B4000, 1994-2009
Ford Ranger Pick-Ups 1993-2011 Haynes Service Repair Manual includes 700+ photos and the following chapters:
Chapter 1: Tune-up and routine maintenance
Chapter 2: Part A: Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC) four-cylinder engines
Chapter 2: Part B: Dual Overhead Camshaft (DOHC) four-cylinder engines
Chapter 2: Part C: 3.0L V6 engine
Chapter 2: Part D: 4.0L pushrod V6 engine
Chapter 2: Part E: 4.0L SOHC V6 engine
Chapter 2: Part F: General engine overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating, and air conditioning systems
Chapter 4: Fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 5: Engine Electrical Systems
Chapter 6: Emissions and engine control systems
Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
Chapter 7: Part C: Transfer case
Chapter 8: Clutch and drivetrain
Chapter 9: Brakes
Chapter 10: Suspension and Steering Systems
Chapter 11: Body
Chapter 12: Chassis electrical system
- The Ford Ranger has undergone several generations of redesigns since its introduction. Different generations may have different styling, features, and capabilities.
- The Ranger typically offers a range of engine options, including both gasoline and diesel engines. The specific engines available can vary by model year and market.
- The Ranger is available in various body styles, including regular cab, extended cab (SuperCab), and crew cab (SuperCrew). The cab configuration affects the number of seats and interior space.
Trims and Configurations:
- The Ranger is often offered in different trims, such as XL, XLT, and Lariat, each with varying levels of features and amenities.
- Configurations may include two-wheel drive (2WD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) options.
Towing and Payload Capacity:
- The Ranger is known for its towing and payload capabilities, making it suitable for a variety of work and recreational activities.
- Some Ranger models may be equipped with off-road packages, enhancing their capability in challenging terrain. The Ranger Raptor is a high-performance off-road variant available in some markets.
Technology and Features:
- Modern Ranger models typically come equipped with various technology features, including infotainment systems, advanced safety features, and connectivity options.
- The Ranger is available in markets around the world, and it has gained popularity in regions where smaller trucks are preferred.
Recent Developments (As of 2022):
- The Ranger has seen updates and improvements in recent years to stay competitive in the midsize pickup segment.